Course Description (Available Soon):
Programming Programming RESTful Services with REST/JAX-RS Courseware for License
This course covers provides in-depth coverage of REST principles and building RESTfull Web Services using the JAX-RS API available in Java EE 6 and Java EE 7. It includes coverage of producing different kinds of data, including JSON and XML, as well as consuming it in various ways, including AJAX clients and Java clients. The course also provides coverage of many common REST patterns, how they are implemented in JAX-RS, and how they are used by the various possible clients.
The course includes many hands-on labs for practicing and reinforcing all concepts. It will enable you to build working RESTful services, and give you an understanding of the important concepts and technology, in a very short time.
Duration: 2 days
Hands-on: Minimum 50% hands-on labs
Supported Platforms: Tomcat/Jersey/Eclipse; JBoss AS/WildFly/Eclipse; IBM WebSphere/RAD
- Understand RESTful Principles
- Design and Create RESTful Service Interfaces, and their Difference from SOAP-based Services
- Use JAX-RS to Create RESTful Services
- Extract Data from RESTful Requests, including URI Template data, Query/FOrm Parameters, Cookies, etc
- Generate Different Content, Including String, JSON, and XML
- Consume RESTful Data with Ajax/Browser Clients, and with Java/JAX-RS Clients
- Understand and Use Content Negotiation to Generate the Appropriate Data Type
- Secure JAX-RS Services
Copyright © 2009 LearningPatterns Inc. All rights reserved. LearningPatterns is a
trademark of LearningPatterns Inc. Java, and all Java-based trademarks are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems in the U.S. and other countries. JBoss is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. IBM and Rational are registered trademarks of IBM Corp. in the U.S. and other countries. All other products and company names mentioned here may be trademarks of their respective owners.