Courseware for License:
Advanced Java™ Language Topics
Course ID: JLANG
The Java programming language has a number of powerful capabilities that have been introduced in recent releases of the Java platform. These include such things as generics, reflection, assertions, inner classes, and enumerations. Though many Java programmers have seen these technologies used in the Java libraries, for example the generic Collection classes, they are slow to adopt them in their own programming.
This one day course de-mystifies these useful Java capabilities, and gives programmers the experience necessary to use them to create better Java programs.
All labs can be done with the Eclipse IDE or a simple editor, and the lab instructions include detailed directions on both environments.
Duration: 1 day
Hands-on: 50% hands-on, 50% lecture
- Understand Java Generics
- Write and use generic classes and generic methods
- Be familiar with Java reflection
- Use Java reflection to write more generalized programs
- Understand and use Java enumerations
- Understand and use Java assertions
- Learn how to write and use Inner Classes